Terms & Policies
Terms & Conditions
Stradbroke Island Adventures makes every effort to ensure all information displayed on our website site is accurate; we are not able to guarantee that the site is free of errors or technical faults. As such Stradbroke Island Adventures does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. We reserve the right to change information displayed on the website (including these terms and conditions) at any time without notice to you.
Stradbroke Island Adventures is not responsible or liable for any unavailability of activities attractions, products or services on the Website.
Stradbroke Island Adventures accept no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities offered.
Stradbroke Island Adventures reserve the absolute right to cancel any activity, attraction, product or service as a result of health & safety concerns, weather conditions and insufficient numbers of people on the trips or any other unforeseen event or circumstance.
Stradbroke Island Adventures makes no warranty or representation about, and accepts no liability or responsibility for, the quality or suitability of any activity, attraction, product or service displayed on the Website. Further Stradbroke Island Adventures advises that all activities carry a degree of risk and that by participating in the activity you are expressly assuming those risks personally and are releasing Stradbroke Island Adventures from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses.
Exclusion and Limitation of liability:
Without affecting any of your statutory rights that cannot be lawfully excluded, Stradbroke Island Adventures is not liable under any circumstances (including, but not limited to, negligence) for any losses, damages, liability, claims or expenses (whatsoever and irrespective of whether direct, indirect, consequential) arising from the use of the Website or the Services or from the use of, or inability to use, any activity, attraction, product or service booked or purchased using the Website.
None of these terms limit your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Payment, Fees and Charges
Stradbroke Island Adventures reserves the right to change at any time the fees charged for any of our Services or the manner in which they are charged, imposed or collected. If we launch a new service, the charges for that service will be effective at the launch of that service unless otherwise stated.
All fees are inclusive of Australian GST and in Australian dollars, unless otherwise stated.
Cancellations, Changes and Refunds
Cancellations by the Stradbroke Island Adventures
• You will not be charged any cancellation fee if the cancellation has been made by Stradbroke Island Adventures
• If a booking is cancelled by the Stradbroke Island Adventures (i.e. due to bad weather) and/ or a refund is authorized by the Stradbroke Island Adventures you must contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the reason for the refund and the name of the person with whom you spoke, and if possible your booking number. We will then credit your card the refund amount and email you with confirmation.
• Stradbroke Island Adventures reserve the absolute right to cancel any activity, attraction, product or service as a result of health & safety concerns, weather conditions, and insufficient numbers of people on the trips or any other unforeseen event or circumstance.
Cancellations by you the Customer
The availability and costs of cancellations, changes and refunds depend on Stradbroke Island Adventures' own terms and conditions and policies. When you make a booking you agree to be bound by the relevant Stradbroke Island Adventure’s terms and policies.
• Products that have the express condition non-transferable & non-refundable cannot be changed or refunded.
• If you want to cancel your booking you will need to contact the Stradbroke Island Adventures directly (the phone number will be on your booking confirmation email) and check with them if you are able to cancel. If authorization is given by the Stradbroke Island Adventures for a refund you must then contact us by email on email@example.com Please explain the reason for the refund and the person you spoke to, and if possible your booking number. We will only give a refund if it has been authorized by the Stradbroke Island Adventures first. We will then credit your card the refund amount and email you with confirmation.
• Refunds are at the discretion of the Stradbroke Island Adventures. In general (unless otherwise stated on your booking confirmation) Stradbroke Island Adventures require a minimum of 48 hours’ notice for any refunds to be considered.
• In general Cancellations made by you, the customer, within 24 hours of departure will receive no refund.
• In the event where Stradbroke Island Adventures approves a refund we will refund your credit card the full value of the amount less Stradbroke Island Adventures standard cancellation fee.
• Stradbroke Island Adventures Standard Cancelation Fee is 10% of the total booking value.
• If your product isn't specified as non-transferable you may be able to reschedule where specific consent is granted by the Stradbroke Island Adventures. To see if your booking can be rescheduled please contact the Stradbroke Island Adventures directly using the phone number provided on your booking confirmation.
Because we all “Love Straddie”, we ask that you treat her gently and keep her clean.
Take only photos and happy memories leave only footprints.
Remove Rubbish - Litter is unattractive and harmful to wildlife. Be environmentally friendly, pick up any rubbish you see. Dispose of all rubbish using bins provided. To protect our wildlife please do not drop cigarette butts on the ground.
Keep On The Track - To avoid damaging fragile flora and fauna please keep to designated roads and walking tracks to avoid erosion. Slow down and smell the “roses” When on a 4WD tour we keep to the island speed limits, of 20km/h on the beach and the inland roads.
Protect Native Animals - Feeding, touching or approaching native animals can alter their patterns of behaviour, endangering them or yourself.
• Never feed the big lizards- Huge Lace Monitors grow up to 2 metres in length.
• Always stay close to your children.
• Walk in small groups where possible.
Care For Our Waterways - Detergents and soaps should not be used in the waters of Moreton Bay Marine Park.
Be Forest Friendly - Show care for plants and trees. No plants can be removed from the island or introduced to the island. Observe fire bans.
Respect Stradbroke’s Heritage - The Island contains many significant spiritual and cultural heritage sites. Avoid behaviour that is damaging or offensive.
Enjoy Your Ecotourism Experience - Take time to learn about Stradbroke Island. We have a wonderful South Stradbroke Island Book available for sale. If you decide to go on unguided walks take plenty of water, a mobile phone is a good idea, along with sunscreen and a basic first aid kit. Please notify our friendly staff of your intended walk, route and party members and register your return. Walk with friends, at least 3 people in every walking group.
Some activities on the island require a certain level of fitness. Stradbroke Island Advantures accepts no responsibility for injury or loss of property on the island.